internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Great speech by Gore on 5/26

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, uzoma AT audioverse.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Great speech by Gore on 5/26
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:12:36 -0400

On May 28, 2004, at 9:57 AM, uzoma nwosu wrote:

I don't know if it's the "full" text but www.moveon.org has the video
and transcript. It's bad quality but it works.

I checked MoveOn.org right after the speech and it hadn't been put up yet.

I wonder if Gore has
any serious regrets about 2000 about being outspoken a little too late
to make a difference. If he were giving speeches like to one this week
all along he would've laid the smackdown on Bush.

I thought about that, and when Gore was running, he was the incumbent, and thus was put in the position of defending every decision made during the Clinton years. He didn't have the wealth of raw material to use for a speech because Bush didn't have a national record. If Gore has any regrets he's keeping them to himself.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC