internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] selling used books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] selling used books
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:04:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Thomas Beckett wrote:

> We're talking hundreds of books, here. I looked at eBay and concluded
> that it would be a very labor-intensive task to run multiple auctions
> and then mail off each book.

An option you might consider is autioning lots rather than individual
books. A lot of sci-fi books (say, three shelf-feet) or a lot of writing
references (two shelf-feet, for example), will be easier for you to deal
with and more attractive to some book dealers & collectors. On the other
hand, as compared to a per-title price model, you'll probably get less for
them.

--
Robust McManlyPants, AKA "Get off my desk
Michael Williams before you get them