internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] selling used books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, thomas AT tbeckett.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] selling used books
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:35:43 -0400

On May 25, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

Anybody have advice on the best place to sell loads of used books. I finally decided to unburden myself of the boxes and boxes I've been lugging around since college. (I finally acknowledge that a room full of bookshelves was not in my near future.)

I spoke to Barry at Nice Price about it, and he said he'd come to the house to examine them, since he lives in the neighborhood. That was a month ago and he seems to have lost interest. He's got an oversupply apparently.

What's the wisdom?

You might auction off the lot on eBay. I've tried selling individual books both on Amazon and eBay, and you get better prices on Ebay, at least for the stuff I was selling. For every title I've checked recently on Amazon there's used books available for practically nothing.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC