internetworkers - [internetworkers] upcoming music I'm playing in RTP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] upcoming music I'm playing in RTP
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:39:37 -0400 (EDT)

I wanted to summarize my upcoming local public performances in one
message. Links for directions and such are at the end of the email.

* 16 April (Friday), Durham - I am playing Chapman Stick and theremin as
one-half of the duo Total Information Awareness (the other half is Joe
Hendrix on synthesizer & samples) at Ringside. This will be our first
public appearance. We'll be playing an ambient trance chillout set in the
fourth floor library/lounge of the club. There's other stuff going on
that night at Ringside, but I don't know details.

* 23 April (Friday), Durham - I am playing Chapman Stick and theremin as
one-third of the ambient/industrial looping soundscape trio Subscape Annex
at Ringside. There's going to be at least one DJ somewhere on the
premises, and a reggae/trancefusion band from Asheville NC named Argon &
Guardian may be showing up as well, but probably on a separate floor from
us.

* 29 April (Thursday), Raleigh - I am playing Chapman Stick (possibly
without theremin) as one-half of the instrumental improv duo Phasmatodea
(the other half being Adrian Likins, also playing Chapman Stick) at
Bickett Gallery as part of 919noisenight#1, with Harm Stryker, To Kill a
Petty Bourgeoisie, and 7 Years in Space. This will be Phasmatodea's first
public appearance as well.

* 27 May (Thursday) - Raleigh - I am playing Chapman Stick and theremin
with Subscape Annex at Bickett Gallery as part of 919noisenight#2, with
others to be announced.

Links:
Ringside: http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/11478710/
Bickett Gallery: http://www.bickettgallery.com/
Subscape Annex: http://www.subscapeannex.com/
Phasmatodea: (forthcoming)
Total Information Awareness: (we haven't discussed websites yet)
what's a Chapman Stick? http://www.stick.com/
what's a theremin? http://www.thereminworld.com/

thanks for your time,
Steve B (Badger)

  • [internetworkers] upcoming music I'm playing in RTP, burnett, 04/15/2004