internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac for dummies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac for dummies
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:42:11 -0400

On Apr 13, 2004, at 12:47 AM, Scott wrote:

On Apr 13, 2004, at 12:19 AM, Ian Meyer wrote:

i got ya beat, i hit 46 days on my Bondi Blue, Rev. B iMac, 233 MHz with 96 MB ram before it shat itself (and if I had let it sit for an hour, it would have cleaned up the mess and kept working)...it now has 320 megs of RAM, and drags a little bit, but its my main desktop system.

I've got one of these exact systems in the spare room. I never use it so it's time to sell it but I'm not sure of the value. My best guess is $150?

Put it on eBay, I'm always surprised what a Mac goes for. About a year ago I got $100 out of a PowerMac 8100 and $85 out of a PowerMac 6100 with the DOS card and no software.

The nice thing about Macs is that they don't loose value faster than a new car driven off the lot. I bought a PowerBook G4 550 on eBay for $1700. Used it for about 7 months, and sold it for $1500. Not a bad rent charge for a few months. If I did that with a PC I'd have gotten half what I paid for it.

Tom