internetworkers - [internetworkers] I-racked

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] I-racked
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:50:27 -0400

I haven't been paying that close attention to developments in Iraq the past couple of days (I let the Agonist do it for me), but it is hard to avoid the sense that we are getting our asses seriously kicked there just now.

I am also wondering why our government and military there are so surprised by this. What do they think happened to the Iraqi army when Baghdad fell. There was no surrender, they just melted away. With Saddam gone, the soldiers reverted to their core affiliations: clan and Islam. Sunni or Shi'ite, it makes little difference.

TaB

P.S. The Agonist - http://www.agonist.org/