internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Music industry to shoot itself in the foot, again

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma AT audioverse.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Music industry to shoot itself in the foot, again
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:31:04 -0400

Bottom line, how much is the song/album worth to you? I spend way more
on tracks that iTunes charges. Of course, most of it is for djs so it's
a niche market. (Btw, most import dj tracks are $10 for a song--that's
a one-sided record. Imagine what 60 minute set's worth of music cost
us.) I just thought I would put a little perspective on this. No
matter what they are charging, it's cheap. If you like the album, do
the amazon thing--or better yet, go to CD Alley and spend the extra
buck. At least most of your money stays local that way.

Uzoma