internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] WIPO wants to ban computers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] WIPO wants to ban computers
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:58:22 -0400 (EDT)

Reported 04.04.07 16:48 from Tanner Lovelace:
.:
.:Quick survey. How many
.:people want their computer to be completely locked down
.:and only feed you what "big brother" wants you to see?
.:

Hmmm. My TV already does that, and my consumption has dropped to
slightly-above-nil. I expect if this passes, my computer useage,
at least that not directly work-funded, would do the same.

Screw it. I won't bother fighting this crap -- as I don't bother
fighting FCC-broadcast-flag stupidity or anything else. Regulate
away my ability to use things the way I want! I won't buy it and
won't use it.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)