internetworkers - [internetworkers] WIPO wants to ban computers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] WIPO wants to ban computers
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:48:20 -0400

Do you like being able to buy a computer? Better not get
used to it if the World Intellectual Property Organization
has it's way:

http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/archives/000571.html

This appears to be aimed at letting big corporations maintain
control of "content" (whatever the hell that is), but it
just goes to show that small things can have unintended
consequences. Oh, I suppose the the "Trusted Computers"
(that's trusted by the "content providers" not by the
scum^H^H^H^Husers) would be ok under this provision. Perhaps
this is meant to hurry that along? Quick survey. How many
people want their computer to be completely locked down
and only feed you what "big brother" wants you to see?

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton