internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Henry's in Chapel Hill closed?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jesse D.d.m. Wilbur" <jdwilbur AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Henry's in Chapel Hill closed?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

I used to work at Henry's at the beginning of its decline. The
restaurant used to be financially attached to A la Carte Catering,
and the catering business kept it afloat. When (after Sept. 11) the
catering business died out, and the owner starting firing staff.
Henry's is the kind of place that locals head for because they know
the bartenders. When the bartenders got replaced by the owner, and
the music changed from Jurassic 5 to 70's space rock, people just
left. It was kind of weird, and a little sad. And, having the owner
of the place as the bartender tended to make people uncomfortable, so
instead of staying for three drinks they'd leave after one.

Anyway, I don't know anything about the people behind the rumored
purchase, but if it's the folks that I know that were talking about
it a year ago, then we can look forward to henry's bistro in all its
glory once again.

jesse

=====