internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] honda/nissan garage recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] honda/nissan garage recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:38:14 -0400

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:16, Scott Lundgren wrote:
> Hey INW,
>
> Trailing on the edge of the used car thread, I'm considering purchasing a
> used Honda or Nissan. I'm looking for a garage that could do a pre-purchase
> inspection. Does anyone have recommendations for a garage that does this in
> Raleigh ?

I've used King Auto Service, on West St just south of Glenwood Ave, for
a pre-purchase inspection. (Actually, I had it done when I was selling
my car so I wouldn't be surprised by any defects that a buyer might
find.) They have several levels of inspection depending on how in-depth
you want to be. Worked out very well -- I've felt they are quite honest
and extremely knowledgeable. They probably aren't the cheapest in the
area however -- you have to pay for quality service.

There is also Tao Auto on Capital Blvd (for Hondas).

These are both independent shops; most of the independent shops in the
area will do pre-purchase inspections.

You could also take the car to Carmax to have it appraised for free.
That wouldn't be as detailed however.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |