internetworkers - [internetworkers] The Conservative Punk Movement

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma AT audioverse.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] The Conservative Punk Movement
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:11:07 -0500

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/21/fashion/21PUNK.html?8hpib

Okay, WTF? Where was I when these words were concatenated? When I was hanging out with my punk buddies in high school, guys like these were called fascists. I wonder what their views race relations or gender issues are; I can't find them. And calling the Bush camp anti-establishment? I am totally bewildered...

Don't mind me, this article just pushed my button. Coming from someone of this background who trys to embrace the punk ethic, it's sad that these guys just don't understand the math...

end of rant

Uzoma