internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband Wireless pilot/beta

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband Wireless pilot/beta
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:56:15 -0500 (EST)

I haven't heard anything back since the signup confirmation.
--S

Reported 04.03.16 12:50 from Tom Caswell:
.:
.:Apparently everyone and their mom signed up for this including me.
.:Have they already chosen everyone they're going to use for the beta?
.:
.:TOm
.:
.:Lyman Green <daerid AT io.com> wrote:
.:Got my stuff yesterday. Hooked up on on a work laptop. 700Kbps/90Kpbs.
.:Heckuva lot better than the older Sprint Cellular PC Card we've tried.
.:I'm having trouble with VPN, but that doesn't _really_ surprise me. Seems
.:to make a tunnel, but then it doesn't like Netbios or IE proxy settings.
.:Hmmmmm... Nextel help desk not stupid, but I kind of question his
.:potential solution (turn off SSL). Nevertheless, very promising.
.:Reception in concrete building in Durham seems good. Hope that
.:Apex/Chatham County reception good as well. :-)
.:
.:Lyman
.:---
.:Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
.:You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
.:To unsubscribe visit
.:Do you Yahoo!?
.:Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)