internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband Wireless pilot/beta

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <daerid AT io.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "//www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband Wireless pilot/beta
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:11:21 -0500 (EST)

Sil Greene said:

> I haven't heard anything back since the signup confirmation.
> --S
>
> Reported 04.03.16 12:50 from Tom Caswell:
> .:
> .:Apparently everyone and their mom signed up for this including me.
> .:Have they already chosen everyone they're going to use for the beta?
> .:
> .:TOm
> .:

I have two friends here at work who signed up and haven't heard, and
another friend in Cary who signed up who got his equipment yesterday as
well. We both got confirmation emails early to mid last week and called
in, and they mailed the cards (assumedly) the following day. I signed up
after reading about it here.

One catch: I asked for a desktop PC card, and when I called in to confirm
and have the goods shipped, the phone person said "you have access to a
laptop, right?" and the way she said it, I decided I'd rather have some
equipment than none or a delay, so I said "Yes" (since it's true, I do)
and thus I ended up with a PC Card. I have confirmed today that I can
switch at the end of the test period if I want.

Lyman
--
Oh yeah, that's what I like about you baby, you're always on time!