internetworkers - [internetworkers] RTPnet awards nominations online, reception, and conference

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RTPnet awards nominations online, reception, and conference
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:48:45 -0500 (EST)

To InterNetWorkers

Several things:

(1) I've posted the list of 2004 nominees for RTPnet Community Technology
Awards with summaries of their nominations online at
http://www.rtpnet.org/awards/nominees.html .
These are wonderful stories!

(2) With regard to the reception, the original plan was to ask people to
register and to charge $15. We've canceled the registration fee. If you
can, please let me know who is coming (Name, Organization, and City) so we
can make name tags and have an estimate of attendance to give the Friday
Center. We would appreciate donations to RTPnet to help cover cost.

(3) With regard to the conference -- see www.rtpnet.org/conf --
If you'd like to attend, please register --
http://www.rtpnet.org/conf/register.html . I have to turn in my final
number for seats and lunch tickets Tuesday morning. You can register at
the door, but that gets a little more confusing (we'd have to add seats,
get more lunch tickets, and I worry about losing checks and keeping track
of cash), so if you plan to come, please register and send check by mail,
even if late. We still have scholarships available.

(4) What to wear -- our conferences are not formal. Some, but not many,
wear suits. Wear what you are comfortable in. I like slacks and
comfortable shoes. (It's a long day.)

Let me know if you have questions.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)