internetworkers - [internetworkers] Good photo printers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Auburn80 <Auburn80 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Good photo printers
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:57:59 -0500

Kurt,
I went to the last Computer Show at the NC State Fair and unexpectedly I came away with a new Canon i560s. One of the vendors, The Ink Place (http://www.inkproducts.com), was demonstrating their continuous refill system for Canon and Epson printers: http://www.inkproducts.com/auto_refill_information.htm Although the refill kit is more expensive than the printer so are a couple of sets of ink cartridges... They were selling a Canon i560s ($99 at your local warehouse club) bundled with the continuous refill system. The amazing part was the speed of the little printer and the quality of the prints. The photo paper was first quality too, prints went straight from the printer into a tub of water without anything happening to the photo. They highly recommend the Canon printers over the Epson due to Canon's use of individual color cartridges and lack of IC chips on the cartridges to prevent the owner from refilling them.
John Bryant