internetworkers - [internetworkers] Bandwidth Shares

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Bandwidth Shares
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:36:00 -0500 (EST)

An increase in traffic on the list easily registers as an increase in
popularity which in turn registers an increase in stock value (NYSE: INW),
which, of course, makes me very happy. However, although the INW charter
states that part of our mission is to foster communication, I believe
something is to be said for the quality of the communication. At some
point our shareholders will actually take a look at the quality of our
product (see transcript below), and then my, er, our stock value will
plummet like Martha Stewart riding the Hindenburg. And if the stock
fails, I will have to fire you all.

In an effort to maintain the value of our company, may I suggest that
further such communiques transpire on our special irc channel (will a
staffer from the Help Desk please inform us what that is again), or via
personal email, or by cell phone.

Thank you,
Alan MacHett,
Supreme Leader

> As fascinating as this has been, do you think maybe
> it's time to take it outside and stop torturing us?

--------------------------------------
::: PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT :::
--------------------------------------
[Jim Ray sez:] last time we played there, it was empty. There were more
people in band than audience. Great sound system and operator, though.

Hmmmmm.... was that really the clubs fault? Last time I checked it wasn't.

[Jim Ray sez:] it is prolly cuz they used outlook or couldn't figure out
how to use some archaic text only client like elm.

Your real funny, must be related to Paulie Shore....

[Jim Ray sez:] btw, me thinks your pine email client needs proper
configuration:

Actually no, that is the proper path. Sorry you have no clue. Wait no I'm
not, not at all.

[Jim Ray sez:] hmmm. Replies to everyone else on the list work fine and
to you puke with the wrong reply address. Yeah, that tells me what I need
to know.

Don't think so. I'm sorry you can't get you shit straight. Sucks to be you.

[Jim Ray sez:] yawn