internetworkers - Re: Replying to e-mails (was Re: [internetworkers] HTML artists)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Replying to e-mails (was Re: [internetworkers] HTML artists)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:58:08 -0500

On Monday, Mar 8, 2004, at 15:02 US/Eastern, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

Bill Geschwind said the following on 3/8/04 2:05 PM:

...just like the ultimate protection against STDs is not having sex?
Would that keep you from having sex?

No, more like the ultimate protection against ebola is not putting
yourself in a place to be infected.

Yes, I did just compare windows to ebola.

I still prefer Neal Stephenson's comparison of Windows to a station wagon (in "In the Beginning Was the Command Line..."), but Mr. Lovelace takes a close second.

On a side note (is a return to the original thrust of the sub-thread a "side note"?) I would like to point out the lack of difference between the ultimate protection against STDs ("not having sex") and against Ebola ("not putting yourself in a place to be infected").

Either way, the perfect avoidance is the oldest advice, appropriately updated for a hip-hop era: "Don't go there!"

Regards -

  • Re: Replying to e-mails (was Re: [internetworkers] HTML artists), James Dasher, 03/09/2004