internetworkers - [internetworkers] McCafe experiences?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] McCafe experiences?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:23:24 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone visited the McCafe on Falls Church Road in Raleigh or any of
the other McCafe locations? Looking for experiences to tell my class.
http://www.wayport.net/press/131

[...]

The Raleigh McCafé at 6213 Falls of Neuse Rd., will feature a Welcome Day
Celebration on Nov. 6 with community leaders on hand to offer an official
"roast toast." From 10-1 p.m., guests will be treated to complimentary
coffee and pastry sampling, eclectic music and collectible items to
commemorate this historic java event. As part of McDonald's ongoing
commitment to community support, a portion of the day's McCafé sales will
be donated to the Ronald McDonald Houses of Chapel Hill and Durham.

"We're looking forward to offering our Triangle customers a friendly and
affordable coffeehouse experience," said Carol Martin, a McDonald's owner
and operator where one of the McCafés will go. "We created a welcoming
atmosphere so our customers can relax and enjoy specialty coffee
favorites."

The Raleigh market is the first location in the U.S. to offer a McDonald's
McCafé experience following the Australia/New Zealand model that's been
very successful around the world. Plans are to open three more McCafés
in the Triangle area. Additional Triangle-area McCafés with openings
slated for fourth quarter of 2003 will be located on Harrison Avenue in
Cary, in Imperial Corners shopping center in Research Triangle Park and in
2004, another site to be named in Raleigh. In addition, two McCafés will
open later this year and early next year in the San Francisco Bay area

[...]

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071