internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Newbie questions about Thursday gathering

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Newbie questions about Thursday gathering
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:26:03 -0500

on Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:22:00AM -0500, Diana Duncan wrote:

> On Tuesday, Mar 2, 2004, at 23:31 US/Eastern, Steven Champeon wrote:
>
> >on Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:57:45PM -0500, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
> >>Sure -- you should buy me a drink... and wash my car... and do a belly
> >>dance while humming crowd pleasing show tunes.
> >
> >There are no crowd pleasing show tunes. I hate show tunes. ;)
>
> But Steve...as far as I know you *never* come to meetings. Perhaps if
> you did, we'd put a temporary moratorium on the mandatory singing of
> "Bali Hai" at the start of the evening's festivities. Maybe.

Heh. *That* I've got to see. I'm actually planning on coming this week.
(For the record, I missed the last two in Raleigh because of sysadmin
stuff I had to take care of - even though our offices are just a couple
blocks away from the ice cream joint across from Meredith, I was in the
co-lo in Cary at the time, babysitting a SCSI drive with the colic).

As long as it isn't anything from "Hair" (except maybe "Frank Mills",
which is tolerable because the Lemonheads covered it ;) you can sing
all you like.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier