internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Black and Tans (was: Tiny tech support?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Black and Tans (was: Tiny tech support?)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:14:29 -0500

on Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:56:42PM -0500, Jim Ray wrote:
> > Originally: Bass ale topped with Guinness (Bass being an English ale).
> > The Guinness is poured over the back of a spoon to keep it from mixing
> > with the ale at the bottom.
> [Jim Ray sez:] cool...now I know how to make one. Look out...

If you have trouble, try altering the temperature difference between the
two. Typically, beer/ale is kept colder in the US than abroad, and stout
and porter (IIRC) are usually served warm or room temperature, or
perhaps slightly chilled if the beer cellar is cool. The first few times
I tried to make nice layered B&Ts I made a mess of them, because the
Bass was too warm and the Guinness too cold (because chilled), or
whatever. Pour slowly. The trick is to keep the layer intact.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier