internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Secure software the MS way

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Secure software the MS way
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:18:33 -0500 (EST)

Reported 04.03.02 07:22 from Michael Czeiszperger:
.:
.:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3485972.stm
.:
.:This little bit of wisdom is interesting... MS is now claiming that
.:releasing patches to fix security holes is a security risk. I find it
.:hard to believe that in all of the versions of windows out there "We
.:have never had vulnerabilities exploited before the patch was known."

This is also not news (which is not to say the banter about it is useless)
... every few years MS seems to try this spin again.

--s

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)