internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] ImageMagick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] ImageMagick
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:12:58 -0500 (EST)

Gallery, a website-photo-album software, uses ImageMagick or
NetPBM (whichever you have installed and it can find) to do basic image
manipulation, resizing, and thumbnail generation. My installation only
claims to find ImageMagick, so that's what it uses. You're welcome to
take a look at my installation:
http://ibiblio.org/quack/gallery/

I can't tell you how Gallery generates the thumbnails; for that I'll
direct you to the Gallery source:
http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

Reported 04.02.20 10:04 from Tony Spencer:

.:Has anyone used the ImageMagick package to generate thumbnail images? If
.:so, how is the quality of the image? I'm interested in finding out if this
.:is the best solution.
.:
.:http://www.imagemagick.org/www/apis.html

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)