internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] raleigh.craigslist.org?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] raleigh.craigslist.org?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:16:42 -0500

> Tony had an excellent idea in launching raleighlist.org when
> CL wouldn't, but I'm sorry to see he got the PR exposure the
> site needed only as an established "brand" name entered the "market".

It would have been nice to get the exposure earlier but any PR is good PR!
raleighlist.org traffic continues to climb and brought 100,000 total unique
visitors last month.

I'm launching new features such as allowing users to upload unlimited photos
to their posts and a better internal site search.

If anyone has any ideas for local promotion of raleighlist I would love to
hear it. I tried getting some free spots on WKNC with no success. The
owner of North American Video contacted me and had planned to gather support
from local business via the Council for Entrepreneurial Development but I
never heard from him again.