internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] raleigh.craigslist.org?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] raleigh.craigslist.org?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:45:16 -0500

>but didn't mention triangle.citysearch.com, which has been around for
>years longer and is probably more popular.

I would imagine they didn't mention it because they serve different
purposes. Personally, i think of triangle.citysearch.com as only
resturant/bar/where-to-throw-the-next-INW-event listings. I know there are
event listings too, and the Barry Diller empire is at work in combining
their other match.com property with it for the social scene but there's not
as much commmunity feel or ability to buy/sell anything you may need.

N&O's classifieds certainly cover the buy/sell angle but you have to pay for
the small ads, plus see more ads in heavy HTML page weight. CL (the lingo
for craigslist) can be less expensive, more useful, or more entertaining
than N&O.

Tony had an excellent idea in launching raleighlist.org when CL wouldn't,
but I'm sorry to see he got the PR exposure the site needed only as an
established "brand" name entered the "market".

- SL (who's found friends, volunteer opportunities, and sold furniture on
CL)