internetworkers - [internetworkers] new building, seeking internet access advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kim Ashley <kimazoid AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] new building, seeking internet access advice
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:46:34 -0800 (PST)

<delurk>
I'm moving into a new building that will be built near downtown
Carrboro (605 W. Main). This building is going to have 2 floors of
business space, then 7 condos on the top floor. I know several of the
other condo owners, and we've been talking about the nost economical
and sensible way to get high-speed internet access for us all.

Any thoughts from the INW crowd? I don't know much about wi-fi, but
would it make sense for us all to chip in for one DSL connection, then
set up a wi-fi network or wireless LAN? If the business are wired with
T1 connections, would it be practical/beneficial for us condo owners to
try to piggy back on that? Any other ideas for cooperative internet
access?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Kim Ashley