internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Quotes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <daerid AT io.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Quotes
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:25:31 -0500 (EST)

Parker, David X said:

>> From: Michael D. Thomas
>>
>> That thought is often jestingly quoted when advising writers not to
>> overuse quotes...
>>

> While I didn't think the movie "Adaptation" was as great as all the
> critics did, I appreciated the moment when the writing coach said "Never
> use voiceovers," just as we were hearing a voiceover.

I have decided after mulling this movie over that I didn't like it.

I much preferred Being John Malkovich. This movie TRIED to be as clever
as that one, but didn't even approach it. Way too glibly
self-referential.

It did, on the other hand, have some good quotes, including the one above.

Lyman

--
Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard!