internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Quotes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Quotes
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 06:15:53 -0500

<snip/>
>"Mistrust those in whom the impulse to punish is strong."
>-Friedrich Nietzsche -
<snip/>
>I do a weekly newsletter called
>and each issue contains dozens and dozens of new quotes that...
>a) I'm too lazy to cut and paste into this page every week and
>b) would make this page WAY too big
>so
>for more and more and more quotes
>please come visit Disinfotainment Today

Great quotes!

I'm also a quote junkie.

I subscribe to the following daily quote lists:

http://www.houseofquotes.com
http://www.quotationspage.com/qotd.html

Also, beliefnet.com has "Daily Wisdom" for the world's major religions.
Today, the Buddhist wisdom (Lorne Ladner, "Wheel of Great Compassion")
defines a Mantra, the Muslim wisdom (Reported by Abu Umamah) describes a
benchmark for true faith, the Jewish wisdom ( Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik)
promotes the Torah, and the Bible reading (2 Timothy 2:14-21) encourages
shameless service to God and criticizes Hymenae'us and Phile'tus for
being buzzkills.

On the subject of quotes, here's my favorite quote:

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit."
-- William Somerset Maugham