internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] feel the love

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] feel the love
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:19:50 -0500 (EST)

> I want one of these for my next family reunion...
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61717-2004Jan29.html
>
> But seriously, how far ahead of the competition do we have to get?
>
> I especially liked this quote: "Well before the end of the century,
> there will be no people on the battlefield,"

/snip/

I predict two things for this future, humanless US military; we can
discuss it at our first gathering in 2030:

(1)Initially, the "enemy", no matter how untechnological, will quickly
learn to outsmart these machines.

(2)After improvements, our robotic army will always crush the "enemy" ...
at which point, or even at point (1) above, the "enemy" will seek human
targets to attack. In other words, such an army will only serve to
increase the frequency of terrorism and the liklihood of that terrorism
being carried out on US soil.

"Killing in the name of..."

-Alan