internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] New Apple commercial

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] New Apple commercial
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:51:00 -0500 (EST)

Isn't there some truth in advertising law? Lies, lies, lies. She wasn't
prosecuted; she was sued in civil court, and settled. Phooey.

It is a bad commercial. "Ooey, look at us, we're inspiring a revolution.
But don't download illegally, go to iTunes, have a Pepsi, and it's yours
free legally."

Pepsi has all the creative, revolutionary spark of a paperclip.

--s

Reported 04.01.29 14:36 from Ian Meyer:

.:*puke*
.:
.:I'm disappointed. It just feels like a bad commercial to me, and on top
.:of that, if I had known that illegal downloading could've gotten me
.:into a commercial that would air during the super bowl, I'd have
.:started a long time ago
.:
.:You can tell that its Pepsi's commercial and not Apple's.
.:
.:~Ian
.:
.: