internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] My phone has been hijacked!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] My phone has been hijacked!
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:01:50 -0500

On Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004, at 14:36 US/Eastern, Mark Turner wrote:

Diana Duncan wrote:
I wonder if something in their system kicked it off anyway, and they are identifying themselves as MCI????

It's probably Time Warner. I'm thinking Bellsouth mistakenly entered MCI as the souce for the change.

It was TW. They seriously messed up, and obviously their systems are not properly integrated. The installation of new service order was cancelled, but not the termination of old service order. Hence the complete loss of dial tone.

In order to fix this, TW say they actually have to come out and install the digital phone, and only THEN will we be able to switch back to BellSouth. I have someone at BellSouth trying to switch me back, but he didn't give me a direct number, and I am sick of trying to get through their voice support system. I've been misdirected an put on hold twice.

Oh, well. Again, thank goodness for the 2nd line.

Diana