internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Business Cards

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Business Cards
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:26:22 -0500

i designed my card and had a multi-color logo. the lady at kinkos (nikki at
hillsborough st across from ncsu) said she could take my files (pagemaker
and photoshop) and convert to make shades of blue. reflux blue is,
apparently, a standard blue and is also my favorite color. so, i'm getting
everything done in that color - text and logo.

the logo a got off my web site pretty much sucked at 72 dpi and in pdf
format though their web-based file transfer. i re-did the stuff at 600 dpi
and hand delivered a cd since they are 1 block from my house.

black would count as a second color me thinks. anything can be done. you
pay more for more colors, though.

those inkjets and pre-cut biz cards work well for a few cards. however, i
refuse to sit in front of my printer all day long waiting on all those pages
and to bust up 1000 cards from perforated sheets. 10, yes. 1000, no way.
$40 is chump change compared to dropping a couple of days time into making
biz cards.