internetworkers - [internetworkers] inside my head a living hell

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] inside my head a living hell
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:04:51 -0500

We all have an intermittent soundtrack within our heads, and I usually enjoy mine. But for the last week the depths of my subconscious have subjected me to unremitting torture in the form of "Rosanna" by Toto. For some reason that execrable song keeps coming up over and over and over, instrumentals and all. Fortunately I never paid attention to the lyrics, so they're indistinct in this particular mix This past weekend I had a bad cold and ended up swilling a lot of cough medicine. I suspect that this is yet another unwelcome side effect of the pseudoephedrine.

Sometimes it helps to hum another tune, and even "When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along", which I like to sing to my kid, is a welcome respite. Sometimes in the morning, I get Sonny & Cher's "All I Ever Need Is You" which is not as bad but even more bizarre. I haven't heard that song in decades, where did that come from?

I'm never taking sudafed again.

TaB