internetworkers - [internetworkers] ASP/access works locally but not on ISP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marcia <msmartin AT ccbeunet.br>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] ASP/access works locally but not on ISP
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:40:14 -0200

Hello everybody, I’m very very new to the ASP world, so please bear with me.

I’ve just created a very simple ASP/javascript dynamic site, using MS access
for my database. I did test everything locally on my XP IIS, and it works
fine. But once I uploaded to the host server, it doesn’t work. It returns
this
error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

I have contacted the hosting place, and they said they ran a test on my
datasource, and it did check out, and as far as they know, the page should be
working. And here's how I'm calling the datasource from my ASP page:

<%
Recordset1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
SQLQuery = "SELECT * FROM tb_tipo ORDER BY tipo_nome";
Recordset1.Open(SQLQuery,"receitas");
%>

Now, this is only my first ASP project, and I’m not sure how to debug it from
here, since, as far as I can test, it works fine too… locally that is. I’m
hosting with www.bmchosting.com, out in Colorado, does anybody know them, or
what kind of configuration/specs they require? Shoud I use VBscript instead
of
javascript? Would it matter?

What could be wrong?

Thanks for your help!