internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers][half-kook] your local draft board

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers][half-kook] your local draft board
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:40:57 -0500

on Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:29:59PM -0500, Alan MacHett wrote:
> speaking of Korea...
>
> I'm guessing you're all for continuing the push into Syria, then Iran, ...
> Packistan, India, ... Korea.

I don't know why you'd think that. But I *can* spell Pakistan. And
that's something, I guess. I take it you see things in a pretty grim
light, if you think we'd invade India. You'd have to be pretty
misinformed to hold such a ridiculous belief.

I'm kinda hoping that China will take care of its silly puppet
government in North Korea, though. It's only by pure and longstanding
charity from China that everyone in North Korea hasn't completedly
starved, just the several million that have over the past few years.

But hey, they've got some really nice statues, so that's something.

http://www.travel-images.com/korean.html

Too bad you can't eat them. On the bright side, they'll be able to melt
them down when Kim is gone and maybe feed a few people that way.

> I mean, the planet belongs to us ... er, US, right?

No, it clearly belongs to insane people like Mugabe, Kim Jung-Il,
Qaddafi, Khameini, Chavez, al-Bashir, Mahathir, Arafat, etc. Large
enough chunks of it seem to, anyway.

I just think that's a shame, to have so much power in the hands of
people who think starving their countries, killing journalists, hosting
terrorists, encouraging mass murder of civilians, giving productive
farms to political supporters who know nothing about farming, allowing
vast famines because of utter ignorance of basic economics, and so
forth, is just fine as long as they stay in power.

Maybe you think it's none of our business, I dunno. Seems to me they keep
making it our business. Have you read any of the stuff that's being said
about the US (meaning "us") in papers in NK or Iran or the Peshawar
Frontier Post, etc.? Seems to be a lot of noise about lobbing nukes at us
for not continuing to prop up their economies with blackmail-gotten oil,
or how we are the great satan for thinking women should have rights, etc.

But anyway. If you're happier pretending the world would be a nicer
place if we'd just stop bothering all these loons, go for it. Just
please don't expect me to listen to an uninformed rant about politics.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier