internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Best Cell Towers In The Area?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Best Cell Towers In The Area?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:33:19 -0500

>Does anyone on another plan know if their provider has such a map?
I use the Alltel "National Freedom" plan.
http://www.alltel.com/estore/wireless/index.html
(from this page, select "National Freedom" plan, and then click on the map to see the larger version. It shows their coverage.

(I was thinking about changing plans recently, but the old "clamshell" Motorola Startac phone I have works good, and the coverage, and the "500" hours, seemed about as good as cell phone service could get, for my purposes. So, for now, I stayed.
(hey trying to understand these things makes me crazy. and the "...Freedom" part of the name, seems pretty hokey, but I guess the marketing folks had to call it something. Anyway, I like the service alright. Good hunting.
Ed W.

At 02:02 PM 11/3/03 -0500, you wrote:
Michael Best said:
> I use Sprint and have been pretty happy with their coverage.
> They actually have an interactive map of their towers at
> http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.html

Now that's pretty cool. Does anyone on another plan know if their
provider has such a map? I'd be interested to compare them to see if the
same towers are being used. I imagine they are, so I wonder who owns and
who rents?

-Alan