internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Email scams

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Email scams
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:30:50 -0500

To be fair here, Steve is just being a good Samaritan and making sure no
one on the list walks into one of these things. Although, I thought the
subject pretty much took care of explaining that I knew it was a scam. I
mean when I picked the title 'Email Scams' I was thinking that would
serve to notify people that the topic was about Email Scams.

As for me, I've been doing this for amusement and I'm not very worried
about them finding me personally - I know they can do it. They knew my
name when they emailed me at my domain...thanks to Network Solutions
nice database they had my name and address before they ever sent out any
email.

And if you think it is hard to find someone's phone number or
address...you are wrong. As Steve said it is easy to find anyone's home
phone number and address...just go to www.verizon.com and they'll be
nice enough to give you both...Just look up Steve Champeon in
Raleigh...lol.

And as for notifying the authorities, well, let's just say I have that
handled pretty well as some previous threads might have indicated.