internetworkers - [internetworkers] Local NPR advertising to get rid of YOUR job

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kate Johnson <johnk AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Local NPR advertising to get rid of YOUR job
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:51:37 -0400 (EDT)

Some of the Keane managers who placed the ads are probably their listeners
as well. So, yes, they are listening (and hearing a variety of opinions.)

My take on it is this. The local NPR station asks me to support them
through financial contributions. Therefore, they should support me by
not promoting moving my job overseas and thus causing me to be
unemployed and unable to make financial contributions. As they always
say, Listener contributions make up the majority of their budget. So
they should listen to the listeners first.