internetworkers - [internetworkers] INW Gathering Excitement! (Scotch Tasting, Movie night, 2003 gatherings)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] INW Gathering Excitement! (Scotch Tasting, Movie night, 2003 gatherings)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:31:52 -0400

First, thanks to Maria for putting together a great gathering in Chapel
Hill last week. We enjoyed the great porch and then retired to the
comfortable couches inside. Thanks!

Next, we have some great ad hoc events coming up! We have:
* Craig and Diana's Scotch tasting, this Friday Oct. 10th, 8:00 p.m.
* Shea's Movie night, Sunday Oct. 12th

And then to round out the year, we have two milestone gatherings!

December marks our 5th year anniversary! The Monumental Event Task
Force, lead by Black Belt of Ceremonies Uzoma Nwozu, is deep in the
Triangle InterNetWorkers Hardened Command Center making plans. I'd tell
you how the planning is progressing, but no one will tell where the
command center is. There is a rumor that it is under Jordan Lake and
only accessible by fresh water submarine....

Correspondingly, our next gathering is the last gathering of the first
half-decade of Triangle InterNetWorkers!

I know that the December gathering will be back in Chapel Hill, which
throws us off of our regular pattern. Thus, I'm thinking that we throw
open the gathering location selection for November. Anywhere but Chapel
Hill/Carrboro.

I'd also like to consider some places in or near RTP.

Send along your ideas! As always, any go-getter volunteer that would
like to manage the November gathering will be appreciated and conferred
all the vaunted status that is appropriate.

Cheers!

Michael D. Thomas -- Software Developer, Author

"Oracle XSQL" in bookstores now
"Practical J2EE Web Services" available Spring 2004