internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:32:55 -0400

the guys on ibiblio can hook you up with mysql access in your home web space and you could run your address book there - perhaps saving you a few cycles on the install/configure part of the db. from there, it will probably involve building a few simple tables to go with your address book software and you should be good to go.

it will take a little studying to get mysql basics down, but there are people available to help - namely webgroup on ibiblio. i've got several books you could take a look at. i imagine once your db is set up and the PHP app installed, you won't have to actually touch the mysql db that much 'cause all the updating will be done via some PHP-created web page. (note: this said without having looked at the hotscripts link).

will this web address book in any way cut down on the amount of calls i will be fielding from grocery store workers? if so, you should definitely build it!

dave ;)