internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] odd question...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] odd question...
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:55:19 -0400

This is what goes into a background investigation if the FBI does it.

Credit and criminal history checks will be conducted on all applicants.
For a Top Secret security clearance, the background investigation
includes additional record checks which can verify citizenship for the
applicant and family members, verification of birth, education,
employment history, and military history. Additionally, interviews will
be conducted of persons who know the candidate, and of any spouse
divorced within the past ten years. Additional interviews will be
conducted, as needed, to resolve any inconsistencies. Residences will be
confirmed, neighbors interviewed, and public records queried for
information about bankruptcies, divorces, and criminal or civil
litigation. The background investigation may be expanded if an applicant
has resided abroad, or has a history of mental disorders, or drug or
alcohol abuse. A personal interview will be conducted of the candidate.