internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Patriot Act

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Patriot Act
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:24:38 -0400

[mailto:internetworkers-
> bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Kurt Schlatzer
> Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 11:38 AM
> To: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Patriot Act
>
> So let me get this straight, you believe that we need to repeal the
> Patriot Act because the government is picking on criminals? I have my
own > concerns about "Big Brother" but there is nothing in this form
letter that > makes a good case for repeal.

It's not a form letter and I guess turning the country into a police
state isn't a good reason to you.

> Some jackass got nailed for running a meth lab using the act. How is
this
> a bad thing?

Criminals deserve to be prosecuted, but should you really tolerate drug
dealers being prosecuted as distributing weapons of mass destruction? I
guess current drug law isn't enough to deal with it.

Do you really think it should be okay for a law enforcement agency to
read your mail, tap your phone and read your email without going to
judge and proving they have probable cause?

> Before you go pushing your causes on the group, make sure you do some
> serious research and have a valid argument.

Gee, I thought losing our civil rights was enough of a reason. And if
you want some serious research, try reading the links. I could have
posted all of that in my message and my particular spin on it, but then
my email would have been like 50 pages long.

>Don't just throw a form letter at us.

Cut me to the core...

> Better yet, send it for another forum.

I'll send emails wherever I like - that is until I'm prosecuted for it
as a thought crime...

>I'm sick of getting crap like this in my inbox.

Apparently you are getting tired of your civil rights as well. And it
seems like critical thought might also be on that list.

So if you don't like it don't read it. Better yet, unsubscribe.

> Kurt Schlatzer

http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Surveillance/Terrorism_militias/20011031_eff_
us