internetworkers - [internetworkers] Isabel pictures

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Isabel pictures
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:36:37 -0400

I spent Friday and Saturday helping my inlaws clean up after Isabel, and put up a few pictures:

http://homepage.mac.com/czei/PhotoAlbum5.html

I had heard on the phone about the damage, and so was prepared, but it didn't really register until you see the scope of the damage. The pictures don't really do it justice, and I'm not sure why. I think its because the pictures only capture a small part of the field of vision, and when you're there there's destruction all around you. Or it could be looking at a picture of pile of debris is quite different than having to clean it up :-)

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC