internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] roll call

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] roll call
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:23:37 -0400

We lost power in Northgate Park area of Durham at around noon, didn't
get it back until about 7:30 this morning. And those ice storm remnant
branches wiped out our metal front porch roof awning. Ah well. Suppose
that's what insurance is for...

Oh - and a note to hold dear when the Yankees start blathering about how
Southerners can't handle snow:

A friend (who used to live here) from MD called this AM to find out how
things were here. She says MD around DC was in a state of complete
panic, with utterly NO clue of how to cope with a hurricane. They closed
schools two hours early on TUESDAY, the public transporation stopped
running, and parents were calling the radio stations with questions like
"how do I help my childen deal with all their fear when I'm afraid too?"
All the govt stuff shut down completely for all day Thursday, i.e. WAY
early - local, state, even Federal! They didn't even get rain until 8pm
Thursday night. And folks apparently had no clue of what to buy at the
grocery store, just grabbing whatever. My friends waltzed right over to
the shelf-milk & sterno, loaded up on non-perishables & went merrily
home to enjoy the chaos in (relative) comfort.

Paula