internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] roll call

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gina Norman" <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] roll call
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:54:17 -0400

Title: RE: [internetworkers] roll call

NN facilities weren't open today, but we've mostly been working from home.  My power has burped a couple of times, causing my cable modem to barf.  Am ready to hunker down and wait it out (& have generator -- WOO!) and have plenty of essentials (chocolate, wine, cheese, etc.).  And, of course, milk, eggs, bread and toilet paper.

Feel pretty good about things as I may have actually helped someone today... There's a woman who's just moved here from parts west who'd contacted me a few weeks back because she'd found my website and was hoping I could give her some insider tips on the area.  We've been emailing trying to find a time to get together & today I threw in some "surviving the storm" insights.  She hadn't known the bit about not parking your car under trees (and honestly, neither had I until Jeff saved my car during the ice storm), so she's now moved her vehicle out of harm's way.  Yah!  Public service has been accomplished.

Feeling mighty pleased (and hopeful about storm not being too terribly nasty),

Gina