internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:58:21 -0400

I have several cars that would prove this incorrect.

And actually the octane is very carefully monitored as a lack of it can
contribute to spontaneous detonation.

Octane, despite popular belief to the contrary, is a detonation inhibitor.
It actually prevents or curbs some of the volatility of gasoline. Increased
octane allows an engine to apply a higher amount of pressure to the gas/air
mixture before spontaneous detonation occurs.