internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken VanDine <ken AT bizrace.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:14:19 -0400

What really bothers me is that the gas stations have sooooo much influence.
And
they can also be corrupt... As if the prices were high enough already, I had
this experience. This past winter I stopped at a local Shell station that had
out of order covers on all the regular and plus nozzles, but the supreme was
available. So, I drove accross the street to the Texaco station and they had
the same thing. Obviously they conspired to only sell supreme for a short
period of time assuming that people (with our busy lives) would just grab what
was available and pay the higher price. I went in and questioned the clerk at
the Texaco and he told me the truck they expected in didn't come and they were
dry. So, I went outside and took the yellow cover off the regular nozzle and
pumped... I got a full tank out of it... The clerk asked me to leave when I
accused him of conspiring with the Shell station :-)

I am a capitalist and still hate the oil industry!
--Ken

Quoting Tom Boucher <trekkie AT spamcop.net>:

> On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 02:21 PM, Beckett wrote:
> >
> > I know that I shouldn't be whining, since our gasoline prices are but
> > a fraction of what the rest of the developed world pays. But it
> > still pisses me off.
> >

> I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't pay as little as we do,
> that's our problem. but when I have to put 91 octane in my car and
> it's close to $2.00 a gallon and it wasn't a week ago, somethings wrong.
>
> I've always despised the fact that gas someone (station) bought and
> paid for can appreciate by that much while sitting underground. I
> don't think they fill them daily, or hourly some times

Ken VanDine
biZrace Inc.
http://www.biZrace.com
kvandine AT biZrace.com