internetworkers - [internetworkers] price of gasoline

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] price of gasoline
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:21:35 -0400

Somebody help me out here. I am trying to figure out whether the latest huge spike in the price of gasoline more closely resembles:

a) an overburdened delivery infrastructure much like the recent blackout in the northeast, or

b) producers and brokers gaming the market to reap enormous profits, much like Enron and Duke Energy did with the California power crisis of a couple years ago.

Since it is the producers and brokers who are providing explanation a) to the news media, I can't quite decide.

I know that I shouldn't be whining, since our gasoline prices are but a fraction of what the rest of the developed world pays. But it still pisses me off.

TaB