internetworkers - [internetworkers] multi-part addendum

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] multi-part addendum
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:10:35 -0400

1. just overheard on BBC News - some yuppie economist defending the system "Hey, if some terrorist wants to make $30 bucks to tell us what their next target is, then all the better!!"

(one interpretation might be that our current Security Infrastructure is SO BAD that we have to pay the terrorists to give us information. and i am sure it would always be accurate and complete information...)

2. also out of that piece - this gambling/payola initiative has been underway for TWO YEARS. two years, people -- do you really think they are going to throw it in the gutter to appease some wussy Democrats?

3. did anyone else find it wickedly amusing that Japan decided to send its Army Troops to fight the War on Iraq /LAST/WEEK/ ?? one would imagine with all the DoCoMo phones and fancy electronics over there that they would have found out that the war was already over. and America (the Sprinting Empire) had already won. (this was all on the cover of some time/newsweek "Special Edition" proclaiming "How the US won the War on Iraq"). gotta love objective news.

well, at least we know in future conflicts that Spain has our back.
(and to a lesser extent, Japan).
/drm