internetworkers - [internetworkers] VPN and Mac OS X setup

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joshua Gitlin <josh AT glowfilms.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] VPN and Mac OS X setup
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:52:30 -0400

All this talk about Firewalls and ChickenVPNs for gas stoves reminded me of a question I had for you guys... if there are any Mac aficionados like me out there. My company has an Airport network (802.11g) which, as the sysadmin, I would prefer to see secured with a VPN. Most of our clients are Mac OS X, which has a built in VPN client. I'd love to set that up, but I'm just not sure how... we have a Linux server running Mandrake 9.1, and I've played around with PoPToP... the Macs can connect to the Linux server, but I don't know if the traffic is actually being encrypted or not! I'm not sure how to set PoPTop up to use encryption... in fact, I'm not even sure if PoPToP is what I want... Anyone out there done anything liek this with your machines? (A solution for gas stoves won't help too much -- but I have an electric one, so I'd welcome any suggestions there :)

Joshua Gitlin
Webmaster
Glow Films, Inc.
http://www.glowfilms.com/

  • [internetworkers] VPN and Mac OS X setup, Joshua Gitlin, 07/03/2003